AIESEC (Association Internationale des étudiants en Sciences Economiques et Commerciales) is a global platform for international internships. On the 5th of October, AIESEC conducted its first briefing in NIT Trichy. It is the world’s largest student built organization, encompassing over 125 countries and consisting of over one lakh members. AIESEC NIT Trichy was started by the efforts of third year students Soundarya and Swapnil who contacted AIESEC Chennai and invited them to include NIT Trichy in their extended list of colleges. The current NITT team consists of 12 student members and Mr P Raja, Assistant Professor from the EEE Department is its Faculty adviser.
For those who missed the meeting, team Feeds brings you the details.
At the briefing held, the members of AIESEC foundation detailed the various projects and undertakings, along with the vision AIESEC boasts of. AIESEC has many pet categories under it – Outgoing glocal citizen, Incoming global citizen, Outgoing global talent, Incoming global talent, etc. At NITT, AIESEC plans to bring the OGC project.
What is OGC?
OGC is ‘Outgoing global citizen’. Students who apply can get an internship in a foreign country to work for a social cause. The internships are usually upto 6 weeks long and the application for winter internships (December 2015) are being collected now.
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDJQOJCFPng
Being a Non Profit Organization, AIESEC does not provide paid internships. Cost of travel and a fair bit of amount spent there will have to be shed by the student. However, AIESEC does provide facilities at subsidized cost, including accommodation and food. Their team is willing to answer any doubts regarding the technicalities of application.
Procedure to apply:
1) Visit the site: www.internships.aisec.org
2) Create an ID, then click on ‘Volunteering Experiences’.
3) Browse away. The project that you’ll be working on and the country is completely up to you. You can choose all the particulars like the start and end dates, which country, which project topic, etc.
4) Once you choose a topic you have to sign up on the website. After you are fixated on one topic, one of AIESEC team members will guide you. You’ll be matched with the AIESEC from that region and you will be have a Skype interview with the concerned manager.
5) Once accepted for a project, you can proceed with the logistics –booking flight tickets, getting passport, getting visa etc., with the help of AIESEC foundation.
Another session to explain the process is to be held on the 9th of October at 6 PM in LH 05.
For more details regarding AIESEC:
For any queries contact: